Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Forgetful Mom I am


Liam's very first tooth broke through Halloween 2005 and I cried because my baby was growing up. Well,  two nights ago this same tooth, tiny and worn and six years old, fell out and I cried again. He's not a baby anymore, but Liam is certainly growing up, and losing your first tooth is a big deal.  But guess what? The Tooth Fairy forgot to come! And the next night? She forgot again! Pathetic. Tonight is now the third night and I think Liam gave up hope because he didn't even put his tooth under his pillow. Sad. I hope I, um, I mean I hope the Tooth Fairy redeemed himself (turns out Liam's fairy is a boy?) in Liam's eyes because not only did I, I mean HE leave some money behind, but he also left Liam a note, and in all my years of losing teeth I never got a note.  










From the Desk of Tooth Fairy #49281


Dear Liam,


I couldn’t find your tooth under your pillow, but I did find it in that cool blue treasure chest by the television. I hope it’s okay that I took it. What a great tooth it is! So white and shiny! I can tell you take good care of your teeth, and I'm very proud of you.  I’m sorry I didn’t come to pick it up the last two nights. We tooth fairies are very busy this time of year helping Santa and his elves get ready for Christmas.


Here's a little bit of money in exchange for your tooth. You can save it or spend it or whatever you'd like. You deserve it! Losing teeth is fun, and a sign you're growing up, but I know it can feel a little weird too.


Please keep up the good work on your teeth. I see you have a couple fillings, and that’s okay. Keep on brushing and flossing, even when your parents forget to remind you, and brush for a good long time. When you go in for your next check-up, be sure to tell the dentist "hi" for me. We're good friends, you know!


Yours truly,


Tooth Fairy #49281 (My friends call me JimBob)

2 comments:

Jessica Clark said...

OH MY GOSH that is sooo stink in cute! What a great note. And holy cow...he is really so big. It won't be long he'll be baptized, getting the Priesthood, missioning all over the place, college man, and getting married to a woman you may or may not like, then having kids to which you may or may not like how the daughter in law is raising them, and all the while you and Billy doing your best spoiling the grand kids, great great kids, etc. Okay I have to stop before it turns into one of those Russian dolls sets that is just ridiculous. (Flight of the Conchords joke there...)

Kelly Munns said...

you are awesome, jimbob. that's such a great letter.