Saturday, December 10, 2011

Email Excerpt

Here's an excerpt from an email I sent my favorite mother-in-law, Connie. I was feeling unusually talkative and told her a Liam story. I want to make sure I remember this so I think I'll post it to this almost non-existent blog.

A couple of weeks ago Liam was in time out for losing his temper and I took the girls to the beach (Billy was home of course). When we came back Liam had left notes around the house. On the TV there was a note that said "I love you because you watch TV". On the refrigerator a note said "I love you because you make good food." On Billy's office door a note said "I love you because you work." He had other notes he was working on but I'd come home too soon and interrupted him. When I told him how great I thought the notes were, he said "When I was in time out I said a prayer and I asked Heavenly Father to calm the storm in my heart (a phrase we've used with Liam before) and then I felt better and thought of this note idea." He is a very special boy.

But then again, he gave Isla a bloody nose again yesterday and Isla said "Holy S**s" so... you know... we've got work to do...




5 comments:

Kendra said...

That is the greatest post ever! So sweet of him, and totally hilarious that Isla said that. Kids are so dang cute!

Jessica Clark said...

Okay seriously this made me tear up! And as for the S word I will ironically say "curses to public school!"

Morgan said...

Awwww,I love it. He is a very special boy indeed!

Brandon and Angela Hoopes said...

That is awesome what Liam did! As for Isla, I read this post to Brandon, & he said that she could have only heard a word like that from Bill!

gardeniagirl said...

Cute! You can count that story as a definite success, Becca, despite the cursing.