Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Isla goes to Preschool


The high school here at the coast offers a great 2-day a week preschool program. I am a little anti-preschool (I don't like driving my kids around if I don't have to--ie I'm lazy-- and I want to keep them at home as long as I can) so I didn't enroll Isla when we first moved here in February. 

BUT....

This girl is ready for something new, something social, something other than her cozy little home all day, every day. 

There are only five weeks left until school is out for summer, but she's going! And she's loving it! It starts at 8 am (very early for our family-- remember how I'm lazy?) but as soon as we tell her its a school day she wakes up and gets dressed lickedie split. 

Here are pictures from her first day of school. 





5 comments:

Morgan said...

Becca! She's so big! And she looks identical to your mother! I'm sure you get that all the time...does it drive you bonkers? Sorry...

Kelly Munns said...

no! she's too young! i feel the same way you do. but i'm not doing anything about it, so ha!!

gardeniagirl said...

I like the skinny jeans on her skinny bum. Like mother, like daughter. So I have also been anti-preschool. But I've decided in the fall to put Elliot in the part-time preschool that the base offers. Once one of your kids are in school, the remaining toddler is like, "Why the heck can't I go to school?" These kids just want to grow up too fast.

Jessica Clark said...

WOW Isla has stretched out a ton! and her face has changed too- lookin' very Olsen! you're kids are so grown-up =)

Amanda+Jonathan said...

I think of Isla as a little, pudgy baby. When did she become a skinny, little girl?! I tell Sawyer everyday to stop growing so fast. I'm sure you were thinking the same thing when you dropped Isla off at school.