Friday, May 20, 2011

Easy Project for the Kiddos

This was an easy project for both the kids and I. All I did was throw some crayons at the two and say "Draw yourselves a monster!" Five minutes later, they each had a colorful, unique monster drawing of their own. Then, my job started. I grabbed my sewing machine and my stash of felt scraps and worked on bringing their monsters to life. 

Isla's monster is "Boo Boo" and is her favorite stuffed animal. She sleeps with it, eats with it, totes it around, etc. Liam doesn't really care so much about his monster, but he such is the fickle nature of 6-year-olds. He does, however, adore the stuffed bunny rabbit a homeless man gave him in downtown portland. Man, that thing "Peter" is right up there with his Mickey Mouse stuffed animal. Anyway, looking for a rainy day project? Make your kids their own monsters. 






6 comments:

Kendra said...

Wow! That's impressive! And you did such a good job replicating their monsters. I hope I can be a super mom like you one day. :D

Unknown said...

Thanks Kendra! I wish I were a super mom. Not even close. This project was fun but definitely not an every day affair. Just ask my kids during their commercial breaks ;)

Morgan said...

Um yeah - super mom.

ang said...

Oooh I love this. And so does Davis. I showed him the pics and now he wants to do it!

Danelle said...

Very creative kids! And good work bringing their monsters to life! I love it. What a cute idea. :-)

Amanda+Jonathan said...

Ahh...Becca. You are so creative! I'll make a monster one day for Sawyer too.