Thursday, January 19, 2012

Living Life on the Wild Side



I think all mothers would agree seeing their children enjoy one another is one of life's joys. Liam and Isla are hot and cold. They're either conniving partners in crime, devising new and more destructive ways to outsmart their parents, or they are enemies, writing "No GRILS ALLOWED" on the top bunk and punching each other in the face. When Wren is involved, however, they come together and a beautiful thing is formed. Last night they set up a lightening fast race track in the kitchen.  Liam took on the role of the driver, pushing Wren on Isla's pink Barbie car, and Isla happily stood in as the buffer against the refrigerator-- the finish line. Isla and Liam were having a blast, but I really think it was Wren who was enjoying it more than anyone. She was all hysterical smiles and practically crying with laughter. Her smile reminds me so much of Aunt Kristin, don't you agree?














3 comments:

Morgan said...

That is so cute. I love how Liam's tongue is always sticking out!

gardeniagirl said...

Totally Aunt Kristin's smile. I like the "closer, closer, closer!" pictures. It makes it feel more like I'm a part of the race track.

Amanda+Jonathan said...

This is hilarious! I can tell Liam is really running fast. Does he drop to his knees and slide into the refrigerator? It looks like so much fun. I'm glad you didn't stop them! Who cares if they break an arms! Jonathan broke both of his arms twice and his collar bone when he was a kid, but he had so much fun doing it!