Thursday, May 05, 2011

Folks, We Have a Winner

I asked Liam if he wanted to post the news of his first place win on his new blog, but he looked at me as if I'd just asked him to go to school naked or something. "You're embarrassing me" he said. Now if embarrassing your child doesn't make you feel like an "old" mom, than I don't know what will. But on to the point! Liam's school had a writing contest and he won first place in the kindergarten division! I am beyond proud. Tomorrow the school is having an assembly and he gets to read his poem in front of everyone. I'll try and post a video clip but here is a preview:

Liam's Poem

I like my mom and dad
I like my family
I love the Oregon Ducks
I dislike loudness
I dislike the darkness
I can't stand getting hurt

3 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

Adorable! I hope he reads it loud and clear during the assembley! Way to follow in your mommy's footsteps.

Christalhoughtelling said...

Good Job Liam!

gardeniagirl said...

I love it! What a stud! And you changed your blog? I haven't been on the computer lately. But I miss you. You can call me, if you want. I'll be cleaning/unpacking, so I could use a distraction like me Baca.