Sunday, February 20, 2011

Our Move

Last weekend we moved out of our River Road house and into my parent's beach house in Gleneden Beach, Oregon. It was a typical move, you know, a mixed bag of emotions. My dad caught me crying during the shuffle of box and furniture transfers and was very confused. He said "Why are you crying? Did someone yell at you?" I shook my head. "Did somebody hurt your feelings?" He asked. "No, I'm just going to miss this place." I finally managed to say. He looked at me like I was a lunatic. "Why?" He said, and then walked away. It was pretty funny. Our River Road house lacks curb appeal and has been the victim of ten too many remodels, but it has been our home for almost four years and we've had a lot of fun within it's walls. I am a believer in house auras, and our River Road house has a very positive vibe to it. It's like a sponge that has soaked up a lot of laughter and love. Isla was talking to herself tonight and I heard her say "I miss the house with the brown door." We are all very, very, very happy to be living at the beach, but I think we will all miss our house with the brown door. Like I told Billy when I was in the throws of grief a couple days ago, just because I am sad it doesn't mean anything "bad" is happening. It's normal to feel a sense of loss when you move out of a place, right?

This is a picture I took of Kristin holding Wren while we were moving. She was such a lifesaver that day. Wren had no bed or crib to nap in, but she was perfectly suited to sleep with her Auntie Kris on the window seat. I love this two girls.

5 comments:

gardeniagirl said...

Yes, moves are hard! No matter what! I'm still not over my move to Texas . . .

ang said...

Wow how awesome u get to live right by the beach!! Just tell us when we can come visit. :)

Morgan said...

So glad you're liking your new place! I don't think it's weird at all that you cried over the other, I'd be exactly the same way. Good luck to you all!

Mary Kelly said...

We miss you guys! I hope that we will still get to see each other once in a while. Lincoln City isn't that far :)

Kelly Munns said...

i love that picture of kristin and your little baby girl. that's sweet that you have a special place in your heart for the house with the brown door. maybe when your kids are older they will take their families past it and maybe even ask the new tenants if they can have a look inside :) (ok so i've done that a few times with my childhood home. it's always much smaller than i remembered.)